(Im)personal Independence Payment.

Today, the DWP rescinded the PIP I'd been "awarded" for two years - that gave me a semblance of financial assistance and a sense that my health conditions of severe chronic depression, anxiety & vestibular migraine/vertigo were real - despite my providing more evidence than ever.

For starters, they decided the detailed reports they'd received from the mental health team I've been under for seven years (including my psychiatrist, therapist & GP) and information on my prescribed medication & ENT analysis of my vertigo was no longer enough and I now required a PIP assessment.

Despite expecting my evidence WITHOUT FAIL by a given date and absolute assurance I would attend my interview, they gave me under two weeks notice that I had to get to an appointment in Borehamwood (I don't drive). If I missed it/wasn't available, I had one more strike or my PIP would end.

This morning, a letter arrived, telling me "I've looked into your claim and decided I can't award you Personal Independence Payment" as if I'd never had it before, and - here's the clincher - "I'VE DECIDED YOUR PIP AWARD WILL END ON 2ND APRIL 2019"

SO, IT ENDED LAST WEEK.


Not only have they stopped it retrospectively without warning, they've informed me of this bluntly; totally unmindful of how this might affect someone with my history, with all manner of direct evidence of my vulnerability in front of them.

Every statement the Government make about finding parity between mental & physical health is an empty promise; they couldn't care less. As with Brexit, they're only out for personal gain at our expense. The affluent protect themselves and treat the poor & vulnerable like effluent.

Thank God I have some support or I don't know how I'd cope.

The Tories should be ashamed, but then they don't have the capacity for that.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.