Dadmin.

I was a little overwhelmed by the level of niceness aimed my way via Twitter, following an honesty-box tweet yesterday about the pressure I've been under caring for my dad for the past few weeks.

Firstly, I didn't mean to make people worry. While things are pretty intense, I'm not on my own and my family's doing their best. My dad's never been an easy patient and now's no different, other than being a more extreme version of his usual self, and he's still managing to find ways to scupper the ways we've streamlined his care, although I'd like to think we're giving him fewer opportunities to do this. I just wish he'd exercise more patience, but then he's never exactly been a picture of serenity.

One of the biggest problems is the level of expectation. At the moment, it doesn't matter how long my mum or I have been there, he bases everything on the times we're not; this while neglecting to remember the four visits he gets from his carer outside of seeing us. I don't think he really sees far beyond the present moment at any given time, which is good in a way, although it does mean no real resolution of anything.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.