"...and so is Michael Fish."

The weatherman on BBC Breakfast this morning said, "Today there'll be a bit more in the way of less cold air" and now I need a piece of graph paper to work that out.

The double negatives in action were on a par with Pink Floyd's "We don't need no education" for sounding solid, while bearing no scrutiny; so much so, I didn't know whether to wear my scarf or not. Consequently, the guy's attempt to impart the weather was a resounding failure; he may as well have said, "Tonight will have a lot less not daylight than today has not."

I can't begrudge the odd mental stumble or brain-fart when it happens to the best of us; life's by it nature very confusing. Here are just a few times the planet's perplexed me:

  • Hearing a saxophonist play 'Baker Street' at Leicester Square tube.
  • Spotting a picture of Elvis in the window of Boys 2 Men Barbers on Stevenage High Street.
  • Hearing a woman scream, "Where's the bus?" to a man driving a bus.
  • Overhearing someone say, "I wish it was next Saturday tomorrow."
  • See a compilation album called 'Now That's What I Call Mum'.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.