Dizzy Rascal.


My labyrinthitis has got worse over the past few days. We had to cancel last night’s show as a result.

It’s tiring more than anything. It takes a lot of effort to negotiate your way past people on the street without bumping into them, or going into an awkward little dance as you work out who should step to the left and who should step to the right. People seldom look where they’re going anyway; what would niggle on the average day becomes exhausting when your head is mid-spin.

If the show wasn’t as physically demanding I would be all right. I’ve been trying to pace myself, but this is difficult. The play doesn’t really work if it isn’t performed full out.

Cancelling last night’s show wasn’t a disaster. We only had six booked, who are likely to move to a different night. I still didn’t like having to do this; I hate being the reason something didn't go ahead.

I’m having a blood test this week. I’m also about to start a new course of medication. Hopefully this will sort things out. I just hope it doesn’t hang on for as long as it did the last time I suffered from it.

I promise I’m not pissed. Well, no more than usual.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.