Something Else.

I've had a small idea for a new podcast over the past few days that I may pursue, though I'm not entirely sure the best way to go about it.

My main issue is who I should approach with it. I'd go to Glyn with the concept - partly as having a new project could breathe new life into our act - but I don't think it's necessarily suited to him even if it would ultimately be the most likely route to become a reality. There's no substitute for the shorthand that comes with years of collaboration, but if I'm honest, I feel like we may have run our course when it comes to brand new output. And I'd like to enter into any future joint projects with equal enthusiasm and a fresh slate.

The other person I have in mind is probably more suited to it anyway, and we've talked for years about working together more directly. And while he's not a performer per se, he'd probably be more available and keener. So it's pretty much a no-brainer. And it's not like I'm out to change the world with it so much as give my brain something different to think about; if you don't step into new territory occasionally, your enthusiasm goes stale.

I'm so sick of the same old narrative, be it personal or creative, and could do with a clean break. And the thought of something new that doesn't need lots of preparation or writing time is very appealing. And it might inspire me to write new material anyway, in the same way that our radio show In Your Inner Ear became an excellent springboard to flesh stories out. It's about stepping into uncharted territory and ringing the changes (to mix metaphors).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.