Festival Pangs.


This year I’m doing my best to pretend I don’t wish I was up at the Edinburgh Festival.

It’s been a few years since we’ve done it properly. Long enough for me to almost forget the bad bits. While Edinburgh is an exhausting and depressing experience, it’s also satisfying. It’s nice to be able to spend a month working on something solely for yourself. It’s also a chance to get match fit. There’s nothing like doing a show every day to make you feel better equipped when in front of an audience.

As it stands, I feel out of shape. I’m also out of the loop. This is accentuated when a quick flick through my Twitter feed reveals how many of my colleagues will be up there when I’m not.

I have to remind myself that Edinburgh isn’t the be-all and end-all. There’s also no point in doing it if you’re not going to do it right. The next time Doggett & Ephgrave head northwards, we’ll be playing a venue that’s perfect for us. We’ll also pay someone else to flyer. That’s one aspect of the festival that I’ll never miss.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.