Ball-alike.


Would anybody like to go to see a Michael Ball tribute act with me? He’s on in Stevenage next month if you fancy it.

 
(They should have called it ‘A Load of Ball’; they missed out on a trick.

The blurb describes the show as 'two hours of Michael Ball bliss’. I might sue them for Trade Descriptions. If nothing else, it’s a good way of rounding up all of his fans in one convenient - and sealable - location.
  
I’ve got no issues with Ball (or Ball issues) by the way. I actually quite like him. He’s self-deprecating and a very good sport. What I can’t understand is why you’d go to a two-hour sound-alike show, when you could see the real thing just as easily.

A Michael Ball tribute is a confusing concept. He's not dead. He’s also a musical theatre performer and not a pop star ('One Step Out of Time' notwithstanding). You wouldn’t be paying tribute to him, but the various shows he’s been associated with.

Where do you go after 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables' and 'Love Changes Everything'? Except for the bar, that is.

Based on this, I might stage my own tribute to John Barrowman. If I do, I'll call it ‘John Barrowman: Live and Kicking’, on account of the fact he used to present it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.