All in the Mind.


I attended my second meditation session last night.

I found it a little harder to focus than I did the week before: partly because I’d had a stressful day and partly because the technique we used was more demanding. I was so tired before the class that I was almost tempted not to go. Thankfully, I had the sense to not give in to lethargy.

Though it took longer to get in the right frame of mind, when I did, I felt the benefit. The me that left the classroom was less tightly coiled than the one that had arrived.

The trick is to not be hard on yourself when your mind wanders; just acknowledge it and steer yourself back. 

I hope to meditate a little every day. I don't want to just restrict it to when I'm in the classroom. It should end up part of my daily routine, like my writing. The more you put in, the more you’ll get out. It’s a bit like cooking pasta. 

By the end of June, I should be able to levitate.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.