Meditation's What You Need.

My mental health's very vulnerable at the moment, though I'm meditating regularly to keep it in check.

I have classes every Tuesday, via Zoom (like so many other things right now) and took part in an online retreat last weekend too. We met three times that day via webcam for ninety-minute sessions of guided meditation and were encouraged to practise mindfulness in our own time too; not that I did much as it was my wife's birthday. And it certainly helped me slow my mind down for a bit (so much so, I fell asleep during one of the sessions).

The problem is keeping on top of the low mood that seeps through. I have podcast interviews to research for and promote with little energy to do it, particularly when there's no real money coming in. I've spent the last few years trying to get the right agent, but the current climate will make taking on new clients unlikelier than usual. I know my circumstances are mirrored if not worsened the world over with COVID-19 and other terrible current events impacting us all, but these problems are still real.

Much of this mindset was caused by longrunning family issues that I've tried to end by keeping my distance. But that doesn't stop you ruminating, particularly when you're dealing with someone for whom reality's a subjective construct.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.