Speculate to...What?

I'm currently a podcast editing machine, having finished the Rory Bremner episode on Monday, and I'm now in the process of mixing the Mark Morriss episode to clear the way for two more interviews over the weekend.

While it's great to be productive and be working on new content with Glyn, it's doesn't take away my fear about money. Part of the reason for the live interviews was to generate some income to keep Mostly Comedy ticking over through the current crisis but, while they're going well and proving popular, at the moment the cost to do them cancels any income out. And the slow sales for the next few recordings risks us coming out at a loss overall. Either way, I certainly can't pay myself.

Things were already concerning. Because my business made a loss this past three years, I'm not eligible for financial support from the Government's COVID-19 self-employment scheme. Meanwhile, Mostly Comedy's closed for the foreseeable future and is being kept alive by a JustGiving fund that's dwindling. I hope we can claim business rate relief for our office, but there's no guarantee. On top of this, my wife and I are covering the running cost of two properties as we continue to pay the mortgage on my flat until we can sell it to finish buying my mum's inherited half of my dad's house at a barely discounted rate.

Like many people, I'm frightened about what the future holds. I have no job security and am emotionally exhausted from the year-long battle to strike a deal over the house and the Pandora's Box that it opened. All I wanted was a little help from someone I hoped would have my best interests at heart. And it really didn't need to be so difficult.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.