My Second Daily Blog-erversay.


Today is my two-year daily blog-erversary. Celebrate.

Since the 17th September 2013, I’ve written something for every day. Well, that’s not strictly true: every day bar four. I think I can let this discrepancy slide, as missing four out of seven hundred and thirty consecutive days is still an achievement.

(I’ll probably post a few extra blogs before the year is through, to quell my OCD.)

For someone with a propensity for giving in, I’m proud I’ve seen it through. It hasn’t been easy. Some days, as ridiculous as it may sound, it’s a weight around my neck. If I haven’t written by a certain time, I get very stressed. Occasionally - in fact frequently - I have nothing to say. I’ll stare at a blank page not knowing how to fill it. Then a picture, tweet or a fleeting thought comes to me, I’ll spin it out and another day is done. So, don’t expect every blog to be top quality.

Other days, I’ve really enjoyed it. It’s been the catalyst for my debut solo stand-up show earlier this year, for most of the stories I tell as part of Glyn’s and my radio show, plus the odd bit of our double-act material. More than anything, it’s kept me thinking creatively. It’s been away of spinning good and bad thoughts, and exciting or dull days into something of use. It can be cathartic, amusing, tiring, disappointing, or an absolute pain in the arse. Much like me, really.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.