Talk More talkRadio.

Yesterday, I found myself extolling the virtues of Macca's solo career to Mark Dolan on his drivetime show on talkRadio, after Royal Mail announced the imminent release of a set of post-Beatle McCartney themed stamps earlier that day. That's what happens when Paul Gambaccini has prior commitments.

Chatting to Mark Dolan on talkRadio (06.05.21)


It came about by chance after Mark dropped me a Twitter DM in the morning to see if I might be free to do it, having clocked the promotional posts for the McCartney McAlphabet this past few weeks. It just goes to show how you never know who's got their eye on you and will at least act as a spot of gentle promotion for the show. It also provided the ego boost of having Dolan bill me as a Beatles "Expert" which I'll happily accept in place of payment.

Recording episode #1 with Clary Saddler.

As for the podcast itself, I'm loving being a part of it. We've recorded the first two episodes now and I'm editing the first one at the moment, which comes over well. We've also already got a sense of where we going with it, which is great, and I know the content will tighten up the more we do it. There's also been some interest in it on Twitter, which is encouraging and serves to remind me that there's a swarm of Beatles obsessives who lap these things up if they're done well. I know this firsthand, as I'm one of them.

Recording episode #2


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.