Songs in the Key of 'A'.

It's with no small fanfare - or at least with a faint anal parp - that the first episode of 'The McCartney McAlphabet' is out.



I'm proud of it and am looking forward to doing more. The second episode's already in the can (not that there is a can) and needs editing, but it's good to at least have the show up and running instead of just a load of social media accounts with no product to push. And aside from a few syncing problems I had when I putting our conversation together, making it was an easy process. Recording our chat was fun and comes over well; as I've mentioned, the topic's not something I have to stretch to discuss and the whole thing's a labour of love. All that's left now is the hope people enjoy it.

It's surprising how positive the online Beatles community have been. We've only had encouraging comments on the concept so far and I hope the content will live up to this. As with Doctor Who, I know that Beatles fans can be exacting and tend to know their stuff, but if they're anything like me, they'll probably find comfort in listening to people talk about a subject they know well. It's like chewing gum for the brain.

The best part is having something new that didn't exist a few months back. My output's been so limited of late that I was scared I'd lost my mojo and it frightened me. But you can only hold a git like me down for so long before I wriggle free. And though it's self-generated it's great to have my first credit for 2021. And the fact my career so far's been practically bookended by Macca as my second acting job was playing Beatle-era Paul in 'The Roy Orbison Story' must mean something; eighteen years later I'm still prattling on about the man.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.