We Paul Stand Together.

Planning Clary Saddler's and my new Paul McCartney-themed podcast The McCartney McAlphabet (which we start recording tomorrow) is proving to be a pleasant distraction from the norm.

Artwork for the podcast, using a picture I took myself, no less (back when Paul didn't have a face).

It helps that it's a subject I've engrossed myself in for a good thirty years, so I'd like to think finding something to talk about shouldn't be too much of a stretch. That said, I'm still slightly worried that I haven't done enough homework. The fact two of us are doing it inevitably brings on a form of "Are we doing Christmas presents this year?"-style panic. What if she's done reams of nuanced research and all I've got is a post-it note with "He plays bass" written on it?

I think it's something we need to start to find out what needs doing. Most importantly it should be fun. Just the thought of a new project is exciting. I haven't looked forward to anything I've worked on for ages. More often than not I feel like I'm just fulfilling obligations and that's not what life should be. And this Macca podcast's a chance to work from a fresh slate. Now, where did I put my rare seven-inch of 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'? In the bin, hopefully.

Notes on Macca's notes.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.