Pod McCastney.

I chatted with a friend today about a Paul McCartney podcast we're planning.

The idea's all part of my kick to get some new projects going this year with different people to re-energise myself creatively and keep myself busy. Too much of what I do feels like a trapped narrative full of fatigue and resentment. And I recognise you sometimes need to shake out the metaphorical dustsheets to make space for something new.

I currently have three new podcast ideas I'm keen to get going, with two - one on Macca and one on narcissistic abuse - about topics important to me, albeit for different reasons. Like Glyn's and my More Than Mostly Comedy Podcast, you need a passion for a subject for it to bear fruit, plus the depth of knowledge my collaborators and I already have on the subjects will, in theory, make putting together something of substance pretty easy. And the McCartney one would be a labour of love full of positivity on a theme I'm very confident about, which is half the battle won, really.

Today's chat was encouraging. We've spent the past few years having an extended conversation about Macca's work informally anyway, so we'd just be committing something similar to tape. And I can't imagine doing a podcast like we're planning would ever seem like work. But it won't be blind admiration for all the extraordinarily prolific ex-Beatle has done as we'll cover the stuff we don't like too: the day I blindly praise 'Spies Like Us' or 'McCartney II', you'll know I've been on the receiving end of a lobotomy.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.