Tuesday Ramblings.


Tonight’s gig was a nice way to round my Brighton run off.

It was a little ragged around the edges in places, but if anything, this made it more fun. Bizarrely, it was the busiest night of the lot, which was surprising, being a Tuesday. Either word of yesterday’s blunt review hadn’t spread, or people were intrigued by the thought of the show's apparent awfulness. Whatever the case, it worked in my favour.

The past week has been extremely valuable. It’s helped me build on the show, gain confidence in it, and feel more comfortable about performing solo. I know the show needs work, but I’m willing and looking forward to doing it. My one write-up thus far was a setback, and a painful one at that, but I’m also aware of the review’s faux pas and faults. The internet is full of vitriol, so one more slice won’t hurt.

I’ve learnt that I’m happiest on stage when I'm telling a story. I want to explore this more. I’ve also learnt that I can’t do my show without assistance. Having Stephen with me has been invaluable. He’s given some excellent notes. I’ve asked him to direct it, which is great, because he has a comedic eye that I trust. I’ve also been grateful of his company, because without it, I would have spent most of my time on my own, which would be no fun.

Now, I need to go to bed, as I’m struggling to stay awake. I can rest, safe in the knowledge that the Brighton dates that have been on my calendar for so long have passed. I came out largely unscathed and I enjoyed it. It’s a great Festival to play. I’d thoroughly recommend it. Christ, I’m tired though.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.