The Sound of Silence.

Part of the reason I've been silent for a while is my attention is so divided. For nearly two years, I've been trying to push through the sale of my flat as it limped along for a variety of reasons, not least the pandemic's impact. Finally, we're potentially a few days from completion, which is hugely significant as it will draw to a close a stressful process that should also help create some closure from the issues it brought up from my past. And both points are sorely needed.

Meanwhile, a different type of closure threatens Mostly Comedy. Trying to keep enough money in the kitty to cover our costs as multiple shows are cancelled or postponed for all manner of reasons has proved difficult; if it weren't for a generous donation via JustGiving last month, we would have folded. Frustratingly, sales were picking up for next week's gig when we had to postpone it to May due to a sickness in the line-up (which sounds like the proclamation of an apocalyptic preacher). And while we'd usually still go ahead after replacing the act like-for-like, the fact the bill was already moved once put paid to that. And to be honest, I haven't checked the number of refunds claimed yet as I know it will depress me. I'm just tired of it.

A lot of things worry me right now. Money's a big problem that's exacerbated by all of the above. My earnings last year were the lowest they've ever been, and my outgoings were the highest (as we covered the cost of two properties). I'm keen to change direction workwise, but the dent in my confidence is significant, and my energy stocks are low. But there's a glint of hope on the horizon if I keep my head down as the flat sale goes through. We're at the metaphorical photo-finish if I can hold my nerve.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.