BIcycle Race.

I'm not having the best of times at the moment, as is evidenced by the radio silence, but it's fair to say that people's kindness has helped.

The nature of things right now is such that when I just checked my email to see the guy I sold my dad's electric bike via GumTree (solely to raise money for Edinburgh) is still having problems with it so I'll need to refund the balance (thus lessening what's now been repurposed as the Edinburgh cancellation fund) I wasn't surprised, though at the same time I felt a little bit like pulling my hair out; the issue with the bike was entirely unintentional on my part, which he knows, but that doesn't mean I can leave it at that; when I'm down on money I still to pay for my cancellation my cancelled Edinburgh run anyway, it's a situation - albeit a totally unavoidable one - I could do without.

But then I could do without it all at the moment. I'm still trying to process the loss of my dad and the fact I had to cancel Edinburgh, yet I'm being challenged at every turn, both intentionally and unintentionally (more on this to follow in time). A couple of days ago I received a Twitter notification to let me know an interview I did with On the Mic to promote my Edinburgh show Niche was being broadcast later that day and made available as a podcast soon afterwards.

I didn't want to have to process that information at the moment, but I also couldn't just let it slip by.  I listened to the interview - which came across well - but was obviously hearing it from the point of view of a run that didn't happen, which is eternally frustrating when I had every intention of going ahead but had to pull it due to the fallout connected with my dad's death. While things are bad enough that I couldn't have left Hitchin for a month, this was not to do with losing my dad, so much as to do with the circumstances that followed this, regarding his Will and protecting his house. And the lack of support from the person connected with this, which has resulted in this situation following years of covert behaviour, left me listening to an interview about a show that was meant to go ahead as a mark of tribute to my dad, but had to be pulled without any sense of guilt or care from the other party.

In summary, things are currently pretty shit, so having to refund £450 from the sale of a bike that went towards the void left once I'd cancelled the show, but suddenly meant nothing, is the ultimate kick in the teeth; well, not the ultimate, as that's stuff's going on on top of my dad's act of generosity.

Interview starts at 24:30.     

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.