Skip to main content

Pressy Wessy Albansy Walbansy.

Another day, another press release - and this one's promoting the second of our forthcoming St Albans Mostly Comedys; come down, if you're that way inclined:


Press Release – 18.03.18

mostly comedy
a monthly comedy club at maltings arts theatre in st albans


The duo behind Hitchin’s successful ten-year-old monthly club Mostly Comedy (DOGGETT & EPHGRAVE) present the second St Albans instalment at the Maltings Arts Theatre on Thursday 31st May with SIMON MUNNERY and ALISON THEA-SKOT.

SIMON MUNNERY is a Chortle Award winner, Barry Award winner, Sony Radio Award winner, British Comedy Award nominee and Perrier Award nominee, who has most recently been seen / heard on Stewart Lee’s Alternative Comedy Experience on Comedy Central, BBC2's Culture Show and Radio 4's News Quiz.
Simon's 31-year stand-up career has seen him regularly perform all over the world and star in several major television and radio projects. He is best known for his characters Alan Parker: Urban Warrior, Buckethead and The League Against Tedium; his genre-bending innovations such as La Concepta (an interactive conceptual restaurant show) and his TV / radio projects such as series BBC2's Attention Scum, Radio 1's League Against Tedium and Radio 4's Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Character comic ALISON THEA-SKOT joins Munnery on the bill, fresh from her two most recent 5-star reviewed sell-out Edinburgh shows 'Some Like It Thea-Skot' and ‘It’s Thea-Skot in Here (So Take Off All Your Clothes)’, which both transferred to London’s Soho Theatre.

Alison is a critically acclaimed actress, comedian and improviser who has featured on BBC’s Culture Show and appeared in The Telegraph's Best of the Fringe, London Is Funny's Top 13 Edinburgh Shows To See and Mervyn Stutter’s Pick of the Fringe lists. Her radio credits include BBC Radio 4’s So On & So Forth and 4 Extra’s Newsjack and her sketches have featured on The Poke, The British Comedy Guide and Chortle online.

The gig is emceed by the “polished, natural comedians” (Camden Fringe Voyeur) DOGGETT & EPHGRAVE, with the first act on at 8:00pm. Tickets can be bought in advance via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk, where you can also book for 3rd May’s show with ARTHUR SMITH and BARRY FROM WATFORD and 5th July’s show with REGINALD D HUNTER and Red Dwarf’s HATTIE HAYRIDGE.

Date:              Thursday 31st May 2018
Venue:           Maltings Arts Theatre, Level 2, 26 The Maltings, St Albans, AL1 3HL.
Time:             Doors at 7:30pm. First act on at 8:00pm.
Admission:   £13.00. More info at www.maltingsartstheatre.co.uk and www.mostlycomedy.co.uk

Popular posts from this blog

Not The Bayeux One.

The Carole King album Tapestry has been my 'getting-ready-in-the-morning' soundtrack for the past few weeks.  It's been a favourite album ever since I was a student, which makes for a pleasantly gentle way to usher in the start of a day. I've always been a fan of a well-crafted song, which is something of a Carole King hallmark, ever since she started writing with her first husband in the early Sixties. Tapestry may be an unimaginative choice for a favourite LP, as it suggests I haven't delved that far into her career, but it's still an undoubted classic; anything with '(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman', 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?' and 'You've Got A Friend' on it can't really fail; if nothing else, it proves she likes writing songs with long titles.  Next month, she's set to perform the album live in its entirety for the first time at a gig in Hyde Park, which I would have loved to have gone to, if it weren...

Hitchin is Mine.

As of six o’clock tonight, I take over the Hitchin is Yours Twitter account for a week; a stewardship I’m anxious to get right. I’m proud of my hometown. It’s a great place to live, with so much going for it. I've always sold it to my non-Hitchinite friends; so much so, that a lot have gone on to move here. Any town expansion plans are partly my fault. Feel free to picket outside my house. I love its history and architecture. Take St Mary’s Church, for example. The building is beautiful inside and out, and huge for a town of our size. There has been a place of worship on site since the 7 th Century. Much of the present building dates from the 1300s. You wouldn't get that in America. (Don't forget the British Schools Museum too.)  Hitchin is a hive for creative people and a hub for the arts. It boast two theatres, two comedy clubs, a couple of art galleries, a festival for world music and a thriving music scene. This drew...

'Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream..."

While I’ve been practising meditation for quite some time now, I’ve recently taken to using the mindfulness app 'Headspace' . If you’ve never meditated before, or you’re an old hand at it, it’s a great resource, offering daily ten-minute guided meditations that create a sense of progress, rather than stagnating and going through the same process every day. Until I started using the app, I’d often listen to a handful of audio guided meditations I have on my phone in case of a brain emergency. If you see me with my eyes closed and my earphones in on public transport, I’m probably doing this (unless I’m sleeping and using this blog as an elaborate alibi). While the tracks on my phone are great, they can get a little repetitive as I become too familiar with them and start to anticipate everything the person on the recording will say. This is where Headspace is great, as it offers you a daily course with a different focus each day, as well as pl...