'Strictly Come Tweeting" 2017: Week Five (14.10.17)


The question on everyone in my household-bar-the-cat’s lips during tonight’s Strictly was, “Did Bruno say ‘fuck’?”

It was after the first dance of the evening, between Debbie McGee and Giovanni Pernice, that the supposed f-bomb came up. I’ve since watched Bruno’s feedback again and can confirm he actually said “Faff”, but it’s no wonder I questioned it at the time, as he’s been known to let the odd bit of fruity language slip live on air; I’m only thankful it wasn’t the c-word, or the Daily Mail would have been livid.

Outside of Tonioli’s near cuss, there were some excellent routines, but one stood out above the lot for me and that was Susan Calman’s quickstep to Bring Me Sunshine; she shot around the dance-floor with her beloved partner Kevin and never showed such pace and did an exceptional job; her improvement over the past few weeks is nothing short of miraculous; it goes to show what you can do with a mix of application and a strong role-model.

6:47PM: Tess' dress was slashed at by a puma.

6:48PM: Why do they persist with this awkward "Judges coming on dancing" thing?

6:50PM: The name Davood Ghadami is best sung to the tune of Radio Ga Ga.

6:52PM: I love the way Giovanni says Debbie.

6:53PM: But he'll have gel on his hand now.

6:57PM: Did Bruno just say fuck? Did he? Did he say fuck though? If the Tess Daly doesn't apologise soon, I'm rescinding my TV licence.

7:00PM: Re. Bruno's f-word, are they adopting the whole "if no-one mentions it, it didn't happen" approach? Like a war crime...

7:02PM: Brian Conley channelling Tim Curry; as Franke-N-furter, not Pennywise.

7:07PM: But Bruno said a swear though. BRUNO SAID A SWEAR.

7:10PM: That chat between Tess and Frankie from The Saturdays was probably more than she ever spoke to her when she took part herself.

7:25PM: I only watch each week for Tess and Claudia's comedy skit.

7:27PM: Was Charlotte drying her nail varnish then?

7:31PM: On the plus side, at least it's another week without Piers Morgan.

7:43PM: Was the mask at the back during Ruth and Anton's dance Harvey Weinstein's rescinded BAFTA?

7:48PM: Aston's Troll hair and his real hair: little between them.

7:49PM: Mr Blue Sky on speed.

7:51PM: Top marks for the Mr Blue Sky song edit.

7:54PM: Aston and Janette danced to ELO's Mr Blue Sky; Darcey and Shirley played the Evil Woman.

7:58PM: Simon Rimmer's channelling Black Lace.

7:59PM: I pray to God no-one ever makes me dance to Copacabana in my life.

8:06PM: Aljaž has stolen my #Strictly-watching outfit.

8:15PM: That was great...but she didn't do the the classic Proud Mary move; I want my money back.

8:18PM: Well, Alexandra's a tough act to follow. 

8:22PM: They're getting their money's worth from the timpani this week.

8:34PM: But did Bruno swear though?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.