PR-Edinburgh.


Today I met my PR at The Ivy for a catch-up and to discuss our plans for this year’s Edinburgh.

It’s great to work with someone I get on with so easily, who makes me feel positive about my ability and whose opinion I trust; there’s a definite sense we’re both singing from the same hymn sheet and while we didn’t get as many people in to see last year’s show as we would have liked, he still brought lots of positive attention to me while I was up there; more than I’d had in the past.

Ultimately, you need someone to hand over the promotional side of performing on the Fringe to, as it’s too much to do yourself with any kind of authority. I’ve tried it in the past when working with Glyn and you never do yourself justice; too much is chased up too late and I suspect you may even end up being taken less seriously. It’s also nice to have a degree of separation from it all; you don’t always want to be the first port-of-call, nor do you necessarily want to read your reviews if you can help it.

Paul’s definitely the best fit for me, which is very fortuitous. I’m almost reticent to trust people to look after my stuff but I do trust him. Most importantly of all, today he bought me cookies and that’s never to be sniffed at; I’m easy to win over really.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.