The Late Late Show.


Today, I’m feeling my standard post-Mostly exhaustion.

It’s largely my own fault. While it takes time to pack up and then record the links for the podcast, and the show didn’t finish until gone 11:30pm, we tend to spend longer than we should chatting about how it went. It’s a chance to catch up. It’s also nice to have a bit of a wind down, rather than going home to silence.

The downside of the late finish is it impacts on the following day. I went to our office this morning to run some new material for tomorrow’s preview. I wasn’t at my best. I got done what I needed to, but didn’t get it as tight as I’d like. My capacity for concentration was nil. Even now, as I write this, I feel like I’m falling asleep, which as good a reason to call it quits.

I plan to have a quiet evening in with my wife and the cat, with no further thoughts of work. I have the preview tomorrow and a gig with Glyn on Sunday, so tonight’s the only night in this weekend. I’ll watch The Simpsons and Have I Got News For You. I may even clean the budgies out, which isn’t a euphemism.

(I think I've used that joke before, but I’m too close to unconsciousness to double-check.)

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.